Happy Women's Day! This article is actually a speech draft made by the CRG founder for his national speech contest in Taiwan. It has tons of Chengyu and also there is a short verse at the end.
Life can't be smooth forever. Sometimes problems can be solved by our own self, but sometimes we need assistance from others. Some of the people who help us are good-hearted, but some are ill-hearted. However, for me, there is an important person, she never has any side intentions in helping me. She is my mother.
This time coming to Taiwan, was my healing journey because I want to forget a sad memory in the past. I have never been a "mama’s boy", but this time I became a "mama’s boy", listened to my mother's arrangement very docilely, and came to Taiwan.
Later I discovered that coming to Taiwan is the right decision. After more than half a year in Taiwan, learning the traditional Chinese characters, I did not only learn a long history of Chinese culture, I also learned some philosophy of life. Like the words "forgiveness" and "anger", the meanings are all related to the heart, but one is representing tolerance while the other is representing hatred. Why am I having a deep impression with the words "forgiveness" and "anger"? I will tell you about my romance story.
Love is always sweet when it comes, but love is sorrowful when it leaves. This seems to be a famous saying. I believe in the former, but I don't believe in the latter, because I am a boy who is confident in myself. I think the people I like will never leave me.
However, contrary to expectations, I have a love rival, and my love rival is actually my best friend. Everybody in the class knows, and I was the one who finally knew it. This is really a bolt from the blue.
I am not willing to show my weakness, and the personality that does not admit defeat is boiling in my blood. How can people who hold hands with me, also giving her hands to others? Even worse, he is my good friend. They betrayed me. I am like a defeated rooster, how can I accept this? I want to challenge, with every action, to raise up the storm! I became angry and depressed, and abandoned myself to despair.
My mom, who has always been keeping me free and never interfered me before, after knowing what I did, said to me, "It’s hard to say who is right or wrong. It is okay to lose, and it is also okay to not succeed, but never ever give up on yourself. Anger is a kind of negative emotion, is a kind of expression that shows people are insecure and fragile. On the contrary, forgiveness is a positive emotion, is a force of compassion and peace. The matter of feelings cannot be forced, so just forgive them!"
The words of my mother, are full with wisdom, hitting me right in the head, waking up the dejected me, encouraged me more to leave my home temporarily, to go studying in Taiwan, to refresh my mood, to start again.
Thinking back, the words spoken by the mother are really wise. The meaning of all these words is similar to the Chinese character "forgiveness" and "anger". This "anger" character, has the character "slave" above, and the character "heart" below, which is simply "the slave of the heart." On the contrary, the character "forgiveness" consist of "in accordance" on above, and "heart" on below, which represents "to get one's wishes easily". It is a calm and optimistic attitude.
Thanks to the important person of my life, mother, who made me get up again whenever I get frustrated, and with her sensible act sent me to Taiwan, to learn Chinese characters, and experience life. In the face of the future, there will be more sunny days than stormy days. Why is it that the flying bird does not leave a shadow, the crossing boat does not leave a water trace? And the last, here I would like to say thank you to my mother ---- Mother, thank you!
- 一帆風順 - yīfānfēngshùn – [idiom] smooth sailing (things)
- 宅心仁厚 - zháixīnrénhòu – [idiom] good-hearted
- 居心叵測 - jūxīnpǒcè – [idiom] having side intentions
- 別有企圖 - biéyǒuqìtú – [idiom] have ulterior motives
- 事與願違 - shìyǔyuànwéi – [idiom] contrary to expectation
- 上上下下 - shàngshàngxiàxià - [idiom] everybody
- 晴天霹靂 - qíngtiānpīlì – [idiom] a bolt from the blue; a shocking news
- 不甘示弱 - bùgānshìruò – [idiom] not willing to show weakness
- 一舉一動 – yījǔyīdòng – [idiom] each and every move
- 滿城風雨 - mǎnchéngfēngyǔ – [idiom] wind and rain through the town
- 面目可憎 - miànmùkězēng – [idiom] disgusting appearance; ghastly
- 自暴自棄 - zìbàozìqì – [idiom] give oneself up as hopeless
- 耳提面命 - ěrtímiànmìng – [idiom] to give sincere advice
- 醍醐灌頂 - tíhúguàndǐng – [idiom] filled with wisdom; enlightening
- 當頭棒喝 - dāngtóubànghè – [idiom] a direct blow on the head
- 異曲同工 - yìqǔtónggōng – [idiom] different approach leading to the same result
- 明智之舉 - míngzhìzhījǔ – [idiom] sensible act
- 縱有風雨更有晴 - zòng yǒu fēngyǔ gèng yǒu qíng – there will be more sunny days than stormy days; there will be more good days than bad days
- 鳥飛不留影，船過水無痕 - niǎo fēi bù liúyǐng, chuánguò shuǐ wú hén – the flying bird does not leave a shadow, the crossing boat does not leave a water trace
The photo is taken from here.